Saturday, December 19, 2009

Alex's Christening



I'm sure you all are looking at the title of this blog and then glancing at your calendar and asking yourselves..."Is she CRAZY?!?!" Yes, I do admit that planning a Christening two weeks before Christmas may seem insane (and it was) but we didn't want to leave it for too longer and Alex IS 8 months old. (Plus I needed him to fit into the christening gown!)


So we had his christening and then a light lunch afterwards. It was small, but very nice. Alexander, of course, was perfect and just cruised through the few hours at church like it was an every day event (and trust me...it isn't!)




Alex wore the same gown that Max and Ashton wore. It was made from parts of my wedding dress. I wanted to have something that my children could pass down to their children. Dan, like many men I assume, thought that it was cruel to put his son in a dress. But I thought Alex looked beautiful (and a heck of a lot better then the other two boys being christened who's parents put them in matching white bakers outfits, complete with suspenders and these weird hats.)



We were really honored that our wonderful friends Tess and Grantley agreed to be Alex's godparents. We trust that they will shower him with expensive gifts and lollies over the years...just kidding. :) We know that they will help show our little man love and kindness, all that we could ask for in great godparents.


Alex at the "after christening party"



No comments: